Homely Savings (owned and operated by ValueAd Marketing Pty Ltd) takes your privacy seriously, we will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide you with the functions that we offer on our Site/s.
Homely Savings sends information to subscribers that have consented to receive material from Homely Savings and shown consent to our Service by registering their email address and phone number on one of our Site/s. Homely Savings will identify itself in all electronic messages sent to subscribers with accurate Company Site/s Information and Contact Details.
If you have been subscribed in error, has been subscribed by another individual/s without your consent or wish to have mailings to your address stopped for any reason, Homely Savings will unsubscribe you within the shortest possible time from notification.
What Information Do We Collect?
How We Use Your Information
Homely Savings uses information for two general purposes: to allow advertisers to market their products and services to you based upon your profile, and to analyse and provide analysis in an aggregate form based on member profiles.
From time to time Homely Savings will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people for marketing or research purposes.
- By registering with Homely Savings you are providing your consent for this to happen. You may unsubscribe from the service at any time, which will have the effect of withdrawing your consent.
In addition, we may provide your details to other companies when:
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies that work on behalf of Homely Savings to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.)
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
Third Party Advertising
Special Privacy Provisions
When you provide your personal information through Homely Savings Site/s, Homely Savings collects your personal information and sells it to potential providers of loan facilities and finance brokers and or third-party lead providers. If you do not provide this information, Homely Savings will not be able to provide your contact information and other details to those potential providers of loan facilities and finance brokers and lead providers. You can access your personal information stored by Homely Savings by contacting email@example.com.
Additionally addition by providing your personal information to Homely Savings you may have asked us to connect you with potential providers of loan facilities and finance brokers and lead providers. To that end, by filling in the form on our Site/s, you consent to:
- Homely Savings selling (for a fee) your personal information to potential finance brokers, providers of loan facilities and other lead providers who may in turn on-sell that information to other entities (Other Parties); and
- Homely Savings providing your personal information to third-party credit providers and finance brokers which may provide you with offers or information on goods or services they may be able to provide to you; and
- Any personal information you provide to us (or give to any other third party consistent with this consent), and any other information we obtain about you (including any credit information), being sent or stored within Australia, or a country outside of Australia.
If your personal information is provided to Other Parties, you also expressly acknowledge and consent to those Other Parties obtaining your personal information from, and exchanging your personal information with, third parties to verify the information you provide to us in the application form, and in order to for those Other Parties to meet identity verification and other obligations under the relevant anti-money laundering legislation.
Furthermore, by entering your email address and other contact details in your online application and clicking the submit information button, you consent to the Homely Savings selected partners contacting you by phone, mail, text message or e-mail to:
- Assist you in completing your online application to their satisfaction; and
- Confirm and verify your personal information and identity; and
- Check why you have failed to complete the application form (for example to check if there were technical or other issues); and
- Market for your products and services you may like and provide you special offers and discounts.
In addition, by providing your personal information on any of our Sites, you may have asked us to put you in touch with potential providers of loan facilities and finance brokers. Some of these loan providers or finance brokers listed here: Privacy Entities, may conduct a credit check, identity check, or other checks before deciding whether to assist you. By clicking the checkbox, you expressly:
- Acknowledge that for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) the finance broker is acting as an agent of a credit provider;
- Acknowledge that the loan provider or finance broker may give information about you to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes;
- To obtain a consumer credit report about you; and/or
- Allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about you.
The information provided will be limited to identity particulars – your name, sex, address (and the previous two addresses), date of birth, and the name of employer, and may include your driver’s licence number, or other identity card number.
Some of these loan providers or finance brokers may also conduct an identity check for the purposes of identifying you under the relevant anti-money laundering legislation and may in addition request that you provide your driver’s licence number or other identity card number or document such as your Medicare or passport details. They may disclose any of your information from time to time, as required or permitted by law.
For the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorist Financing Act 2006, you acknowledge that you have given express consent to us or the Other Parties: to obtain your personal information (such as your name, address and date of birth) from you for the purposes of verifying your identity; to disclose such information to a credit reporting agency; and have given consent for the credit reporting agency to use such information, solely for the purposes of making an assessment of whether your information matches information held on your credit information file. Should you not agree to have your identity verified by these means, please contact us so that we can discuss other options with you.
Spam & Email Lists
The information that you provide will be handled by Homely Savings in accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. By submitting your details on our Site/s, you agree that Homely Savings may use your email address and or phone number to send information and promotions concerning third party products and services and also supply your contact information and any question responses or information requests to companies so that they may use them to contact you by mail, phone or email to send offers and promote services based on your preferences. By filling a form or responding to a question you expressly consent for that named organization or preferred supplier to contact you on the details provided for an indefinite period or until you opt out from the named organisation or preferred supplier. We receive marketing fees from advertisers including financial institutions. You should always read the Terms & Conditions and/or product disclosure statement from these advertisers. Homely Savings owns and manages independent offers Site/s for consumers and is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by any of the listed products or retailers. Trademarks, service marks, logos, and/or domain names (including, without limitation, the individual names of products and retailers) are the property of their respective owners.
Transfer Of Personal Information Overseas
You should be aware that third parties including marketing partners and suppliers to whom your information may be disclosed might be based in countries outside Australia whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal data than that provided under Australian law. In such circumstances, Homely Savings will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information.
Homely Savings makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy or usefulness of any information contained in Homely Savings Site/s. Any consequential loss or damage suffered as a result of reliance on any such information is the sole responsibility of the user. Homely Savings does not endorse, recommend or approve any of its Site/s products, process or service by any provider, manufacturer or distributor and makes no representation or warranty as to the financial status or accuracy of any information displayed by any company or organisation listed on any Site/s owned by Homely Savings.
How We Protect Your Information
Homely Savings takes precautions to ensure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on any Site/s owned by Homely Savings, please contact us at: hello [at] homelysavings.com (swap the [at] to an @).
Members who no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may choose not to by unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe from our mailing or SMS lists by the following methods:
- Clicking the Unsubscribe hyperlink clearly labelled at the bottom of all Homely Savings mailings;
- Contacting our Support Team at hello [at] Homely Savings (swap the [at] to an @);
- Sending the word STOP to the phone number identified in an SMS message.
Who Owns Homely Savings Data?
Data collected from Homely Savings Site/s remain the property of Homely Savings.
How To contact Homely Savings?
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to view or change any personal information that Homely Savings holds about you.
If you wish to contact Homely Savings in relation to any privacy issues or make a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the following contact details – hello [at] homelysavings.com (swap the [at] to an @). We will endeavour to contact you within 5 business days.